About Camp Fjalir 2018
Find out what the camp is all about and how to apply.
We look forward to arrange a new camp in 2018 for disabled youngsters!
The first Camp Fjalir was arranged in summer 2016. We are pleased to note that our first two camps have been such great experiences, for both the participants and the volunteers.
The camp is located in the western part of Norway, surrounded by a beautiful scenery of fjords and mountains. The base is in UWC Red Cross Nordic,
N-6968 Flekke. Campus is wheelchair accessible.
To learn is to discover. To create understanding, tolerance and peace.
- Camp period: 12 days
- Participants must arrive at Bergen Airport (BGO) on July 4th before 16:00 pm. Transportation from and to the airport will be arranged by the camp.
- Departure will be on the July 15th from Bergen Airport Flesland (BGO) after 14:00 pm.
- We will meet you at the airport and take you by bus to the camp (approx. 4 hours drive).
- We are not able to host the participants in Bergen, so any extra days will be at their own expence.
- No host family
The camp program has many outdoor activities, with a special focus on maritime practice. We also challenge the participants to do abseiling, archery etc. They will be introduced to our culture and daily life, and we offer a visit at a popular folk festival.
Climate and clothing
In summertime the temperature in Norway varies from 12 to 25°C, and participants must be prepared for rainy days. Bring warm and waterproof clothing, ordinary summer cloths and good footwear. The activities will to a great extent take place outdoors.
Lions of Norway pay all the expenses regarding the stay at the camp in Norway. We are not responsible for the travel costs to and from the location. No camp fee.
Who can participate?
- Physically disabled only (not mentally), between 18-25 years. Both sexes.
- Youth who are willing to take part and enjoy physical activity.
- Participants must be able to communicate in english.
The responsibility for the application
Lions club or other organizations must make sure the application form, including all requested information, are correct and sent before the deadline.
All information in English must be read and understood by the participant.
A health declaration from your doctor, in english, will be appreciated, enclosed with the application. The information provided will be confidential.
The participants must be able to take part in our activities. If you need assistance getting dressed, during meals, using the restroom etc. you MUST bring an assistant
of the same sex.
Download here the application form (coming soon)
Application deadline is May 15th, 2018.
Applications must be mailed to: Helle Soos, YEPC Norway: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: +47 906 44 258
- Download flyer: Lions Camp Fjalir 2018
- See more about the location at www.uwcrcn.no
- Read and see pictures from the camp in 2017 in LION Magazine: Lions Camp Fjalir: To learn is to discover
If you have any questions about Camp Fjalir, please a mail to Stefan Soos: email@example.com. Tel: 47 900 54 623.